And where did the time go? I had intentions of getting so much done but ….
- I did not make it to the Swedish Institute for the opening of the Radiant Knits exhibition.
- I did not buy yarn with my gift certificate from Bella Lana because …
- I have not yet decided on a project for which to buy yarn.
- I did not shop for a pair of winter boots on sale which I will need for next winter because the boots I’m wearing now are about ready to fall apart!
- I did set up my webcam but …
- I haven’t actually completed a videoconference with it yet because …
- I haven’t signed up for Skype for the audio connection.
- I went to the Saturday knitting group yesterday and was met with greetings of “Hey, Grandma! How is everyone?” (Andrea, they all send their “atta girl, good work, beautiful baby” greetings. (Yes, of course I had photos on my phone to show them.)
- I did not work on That Hat project because I forgot to bring the pattern. So I worked on the blue “White Shawl” instead. I did, though, add both projects to Ravelry.
- I gave myself a long, leisurely mani-pedi.
- I had a “scent consultation” at the Aveda Institute and found my scent to be a floral jasmine-rose blend (capturing my lightness of heart, filled with contentment and cheer).
- I visited Andrea, Brad and Eva.
- I read a little of this and a little of that, for work and pleasure.
- I cooked shrimp gumbo.
- I looked in on (and fed and watered) a cat from time to time.
- I bought firewood, hauled it into the house and built a roaring fire in the fireplace …
- And vegged out all of Saturday night with some knitting!
That’s a lot of didn’ts. What the heck did I do?
And now it’s Sunday and tomorrow I go back to work. Four days off … gone just like that, without having accomplished all that much, but feeling just fine about it!